TO THAT GRANDMA SOMEWHERE IN CANADA.



Wendy! Wendy!! Wendy!!!
Your name takes me to the top of the mountain,
Sending shivers down my spine,
As I viewed mother earth's descendants
Overhead from my sight.

Wendy,
I viewed a hundred mile To and Fro,
The stretch of the world I covered,
But its higgledy piggledy distribution
Sent disappointment to my heart.
Stone faced, fierce looking faces
Was what I could see.
Faraway across the Nile
I saw death sailing his ship.

My eyes pierced through thin air
With the intensity of an eagle,
Frustrated with the hatred
I perceived across the land,
But faraway, somewhere in Canada,
Wendy I found someone,
Someone whose tender words
Gave strength and vigour
To my pen
And an accommodating posture
To my notepad.

Her subtle comments I slept on
When the rain seems unending,
Those little praises I cherished
Unknown to her.

Wendy,
Months ago before I found her,
News about her reached me where I am
Somewhere in Africa,
And Yes! I found her,
Faraway somewhere in Canada,
With her outstretched arms,
Welcoming me.

Oh hail motherhood!
Oh hail that grandma of 15,
And with blood dripping from my pen,
I say Thank you!

Thank you Wendy
For revealing your face
When I searched from the mountain,
This humble poet says;
Thank you.

I am Emmanuel
©2017.

1 comment:

Today's Visitors.