League Day 26; KOLADE OLAWALE vs OLAWUYI BLESSING

LIVE: KOLADE OLAWALE vs OLAWUYI BLESSING

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!


THEME: RETROSPECT

KOLADE OLAWALE 

TITLE: In Retrospect
.
I thought life was beautiful,
full of beautiful colours like the rainbow,
full of beautiful faces like the palace of King Solomon,
artistic paintings of the sky,
birds singing sweet solos
and the joy brought by the falling rain.
.
in retrospect,
I thought love never hurt,
I thought a heart never bleeds
but once my heart was fed with betrayal,
my heart seize, cry
and consumed by phobia to love again.
the struggle to survive showed me the ugly version of life;
life full of darkness, hunger
and colourful sorrows.
.
yesterday has gone
but here I am like a movie on a replay
trying to live again like a man with two lives,
trying to sing a love song and love again,
trying to jump over the past
and live in the reality of today.


OLAWUYU. BLESSING ISHOLA

TITLE; "RETROSPECT"

In retrospect,
Just as seconds splits on and by,
Though past times are never the goodbye
Reminding us all of today
Being the worried yesterday
Never letting people occlude our heading
Even though now does it seem like a lost bearing.

In retrospect,
Time is constant and yet changing
Having us confused in thinking
Of our old pace either being much of dashing hopes
Or the much sought after lopes.

In retrospect,
Remind me now of my age
Cos' I am now patched in a mirror image
Wanting me to make a new life occur
And never again in margin of error.

©Olawuyi, Blessing Ishola.

No comments

Today's Visitors.