WORDING THE WORLD TO A REVERSE.


Sometimes I wish the world could stop, reverse
& start afresh again.

I mean,
Why can't we travel back into time,
Folding our past into tissues
To be deposited in trash cans,
Thereby rewriting our stories on fresh papers.

Give me power O Lord!
I want to paint my past on moving rivers
To be washed faraway.
Perhaps with that
I could lose adulthood
Thereby growing up once again.

Sometimes I wish the world could stop, reverse
& start afresh again.
I want to pick my pieces forgotten in the past
To rebuild a greater stronghold - man:
I want to grow up once again.

I am Emmanuel
©2018.

2 comments:

  1. I miss childhood, although mine was sour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're sorry for the memories Mr Oni. Thank you for reading us.

      Delete

Today's Visitors.