League Day 17: HEVARDINAR INSPIRED vs HUSSANI ABDULRAHIM


LIVE:  HEVARDINAR INSPIRED vs HUSSANI ABDULRAHIM

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!


THEME: MIRAGE


HEVARDINAR INSPIRED

TITLE: Mirage

Aware but unaware 

As time drew the metal frame 
And reality becomes lame 
Red pictures painted in illusions
Creating idiotic delusions 

Predecessors opened minds of the fingerlings
On what was thought to be true 
Imaginations scored goals 
Hallucinations made holes 

The British pronounced the black coloured 
Like their skin doesn't rotate with the weather 
A black man's nose doesn't turn blue in winter 
It's a fallacious statement 

Partisans and racists
Bounce like two wheeled cyclist 
What else can be done?
Reality is covered by what is expected

Readers are leaders 
The school bell rings to one's hearing 
I'm aged by a millennium now 
Illusionist won the votes 

Can't I be less deceived?
Can't reality rule the world?
My hairs will fold if the truth be unveiled 
I'm African, I'm black, I'm beautiful

©hevardinar


HUSSANI ABDULRAHIM

TITLE; OUR FAKE LIVES ON FACEBOOK

You're just a girl with budding breast', 
And a man comes on facebook to beat his chest. 
He shows you pictures of himself in the snow, 
Your eyes become a flourescent's glow. 

He says money grows on grass, 
And fishes are apples hanging from trees. 
He shows you his dog he claims can talk, 
And that in Italy mountains can walk. 

Such's the fake lives we lead on Facebook, 
On the look out for fools to hook; 
Wolves versed in the art of deception, 
But everything they portray are mere illusions. 

All you see you readily believe, 
Of humans painted and peppered to deceive. 
And because you're just a naive girl with budding breast', 
A pauper comes on to trumpet his chest.

26 comments:

  1. Intriguing I vote poem 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elohor.. Its me I vote poem 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hevin I vote poem 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly I'm inspired I vote poem 1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faith!! I love you I vote you poem 1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly we aren't aware I vote 1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow creative I vote poem 1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today is today.. Everybody in our hostel vote for you!!! I vote poem 1 more votes dey come

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to all who voted. Voting has closed.

    ReplyDelete

Today's Visitors.