I'LL CARRY MY AFRICA WITH ME.


There lies riches untold;
Of where I come from -
The land of the Negros,
I'll not leave it behind wherever I go
I will wear it upon my sleeve,

I'll carry my Africa with me
Even beyond the Nile.
I'll gather every grain of Africanism
And embed in me the nativeness of this place,
Nothing will change this,
Not even the colored ceremonious events...
I'll go far and wide,
Like the warrior I am,
The one I was trained to be,
My attire shall never depart me.

I'll carry my Africa with me!

I'll speak my Ashanti.
Yes, they'll wonder what's happening.
I'll revere the gods of my ancestors, 
Not the white God they taught me...
I'll marry many wives if I can,
But never my fellow man.

With these values I'll stand tall and free.
For I carried my Africa with me!

Bill Ivan's
©2018.

No comments

Today's Visitors.