League Day 1; Oyekunle Ifeoluwa Vs Adepoju Babajide


Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, today I bring to you, this blazing duel between ADEPOJU BABAJIDE AND OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA. Enjoy! Raw poetry as you place your sincere votes. Remember, your vote is your right, therefore vote wisely.

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to vite for them using the commentsection of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlord and Wordlordess... LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!


THEME: BLACK BLOOD



ADEPOJU BABAJIDE

TITLE; BLACK BLOOD

Deep down inside my sheath
My hungry sword breathes fire
And is of the thirsty ones
blood thirty for that matter
Words are like lightening strokes
Black bloods of the sacrificial lambs
 Now,I know,words are blood
buried in casket of words
after being murdered by the hungry sword.
In the pool of colorful black blood
Words lie lifeless
Black blood is but a big sign
to those who are deep in reflection.

©ADEPOJU THANY BABAJIDE



OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA

TITLE;BLACK BLOOD

They shot me hard with bullet of words
and then hoped that would make me bleed.
They hurt my pride and broke down my wall
and they thought that would make it spill
My skin is black but my blood is not;
Your blood is red and so is mine.

Treat not my seed like a castaway
and turn me not into a living ghost
I have no hold on this twist of fate,
yet am burdened and starved of hope.
My skin is black but my blood is not;
Your blood is red and same as mine.

They poisoned me with tons of copper
and danced to celebrate my fall.
They drugged me and thought I would slumber
so they could feed on my blood.
My skin is black but my blood is not;
Your blood is red and so is mine.

The moon is grieved and the stars are dim;
The sun shed tears for they mock my race.
The tides are mute for all they have seen,
but deep down they feel my inner pain.
My skin is black but my blood is not;
Your blood is red and so is mine.


© iPod


OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA PETER

GOOD LUCK TO ALL POETS ONCE AGAIN.



20 comments:

  1. Beautiful ideas with the theme

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote poem 2... I'm feeling it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poem 2 is so wonderful! Great flow, quite professional. Awesome! Kudos!
    I vote poem 2.

    Stanza 2 line 4, "I'm" not "am".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote poem 2... What a lovely piece

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all... Voting as closed

    ReplyDelete

Today's Visitors.