league Day 8: Kolade Olawale Abdulkabir vs Wakchin Nengak.


Africa of today is divided into two school of thoughts concerning FEMINISM. A group supports the stand; with the notion that a woman has the same rights as a man with no iota of differences, while the second school stands vehemently against this notion.

For this, today I bring to you two Africans who speak with their pens, spitting their views on the subject matter. I bring to you; KOLADE OLAWALE ABDULKABIR and WAKCHIN NENGAK

Either Whyke Anthology agrees to feminism or not, the decision depemds on our judges and you, the audience. Therefore place your votes accordingly with all sincerity as this wordlords begin their battle... Enjoy!


NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to vote for them using the commentsection of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

THEME: FEMINISM

WAKCHIN NENGAK

Title; ON FEMINISM 

We say - 'we are equal before the law'
yet, more trousers grope & rape girls but left with no probing 
we still say 'cooking is for women'
as if starvation is a girlish ill.
Parents still push even preteen skirts to nuptial cages 
& it's sinNISH for a mother to correct a sire even 
in a polite tone.
Sisters still fold their arms & watch dreams find solace in grave, 
as they daily say bye to jobs & pursuits we say are
"too mannish for women".
While their brothers' tuition is subscribed 
without complain 
just tell me,
if our 'equality' is not MENocratic. 

©Wakchin Nengak


KOLADE OLAWALE ABDULKABIR

Title: WISHES OF A FEMINIST

How I wish I could feel your pains,
pains from loads of hate words
thrown at you while you walk the street,
words that look down on you,
words that are highly inflammable
that they burn your heart
till it almost die a Coward.

I wish I could wipe your tears,
put an end to your shame,
and made the world to see 
the scars rape has left on your dignity.
I wish like a ghost
I could haunt that bastard
who forced through your skirt last night.

how I wish like a magician,
I could deflect the words your eardrum attracted
when papa thought of you as cowries to settle debt
when that shameless cocoa dealer came for his money.

how I wish like a freedom fighter,
I could raise up a flag for your freedom call,
for freedom to live,
for freedom to own a school uniform,
pen, books and school bag
rather than the wedding regalia
and a ring too big for your finger to accommodate.

how I wish these wishes
are no more wishes but reality.


LET THIS BATTLE BEGIN!

12 comments:

Today's Visitors.