League Day 11; BRENDA MARTHA vs IBRAHIM YUSUF


Today, we want to flash into the past remembering the times of coup d'etat in various countries around Africa who gas experienced the ugly experience.

History brings to our notice that Togo was the first country in Africa to experience coup d'etat. Anyway, without much ado, two poets would be writing on the theme;BROKEN WALLS (In memory of Africa Past Coups)

Do your part in deciding who massacred the theme the most in his poem... Enjoy!

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

THEME: BROKEN WALLS


IBRAHIM YUSUF

Title; When Failure Comes To Fail:
In the era of coup-hood
Africa gushed blood.
The result of bloodbath,
is often a pure wrath.
In quest for sanctity,
Africa lost its chastity.
fallen of the chastity wall,
breathed African downfall.
yet nothig change,
in Africa, progress is strange.
When failure comes to fail,
nothing can make it go avail.

© Ibrahim Yusuf


BRENDA MARTHA

Title; BROKEN WALLS 
(In memory of Africa's past coups) 

Once again I went out to build the nation, 
Queueing for hours to cast my vote. 
The hot sun on my face and a grumbling stomach, 
I laid the bricks for building my nation. 
For years now, it's become a tradition, 
The walls should be complete by now. 
But cracks keep appearing, 
Weakening the foundation once laid
It's not an open society anymore, 
Thus the cracks keep widening with each day, 
Lack of civil liberties, and political rights
Breeding hybrid regimes,
Anaemic rule of law, masses with no say. 
The walls finally break, 
Giving way to coups, democracy is killed. 
It's no longer a government of the people 
It's no longer people's voice determining. 
Then injustice is everywhere, endless wars. 
Innocent blood being spilled, in hope for change. 
But unless the law is reviewed, 
Civil rights carried out to the latter 
We'll have nothing, but broken walls.


LET THE CONTEST BEGIN!!

23 comments:

  1. I vote for poem 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for number 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. So quite simple I vote 1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I beg I choose 1

    ReplyDelete
  5. But are interesting but I vote 1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good guyz I vote 1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of the poems are dope, I like the way the poets composed the lines. Since I am to choose one out of the duo, I choose poem 1.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote poem 2 by Brenda Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to all who voted. Voting has closed.

    ReplyDelete

Today's Visitors.