League Day 19; ADELEYE OLUWADARASIMI vs KOLADE OLAWALE

In Africa where gods and goddesses are held in high prestige. Hence, today I bring to you, two wordsmiths who'll be weaving words, words of eulogy to the gods of our father's land; Africa. Enjoy!

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!


THEME: gods Of Africa (Eulogy)

ADELEYE OLUWADARASIMI

TITLE: The gods of our land

The gods of our land. 
The guiders of our hopes. 
You own the sovereignty over our land. 
You uphold our hopes. 
That we shall always feel your worth. 

The gods of our land. 
You Provide Shelter for us. 
Hence maintaining sanity in our land. 
You provide the belly fills for us. 
That we may never go hungry. 

The gods of our land. 
In times of raging war. 
You're always there to protect our land. 
To protect our warriors at the centre of war. 
That we shall always be victors over our enemies. 

The gods of our land. 
You have always been ever sufficient for us. 
Why then shall we stop singing praises to you everyday on this land. 
For you have never forsaken us.
We shall never cease to pour our libations in your worship.

KOLADE OLAWALE ABDULKABIR

TITLE; OGUN ONI RE

Who dare question your authority?
you the king of the jungle.
I dare not go against your wishes.
at your feet shall I bow the god of iron.
to you shall I offer, the blood of a dog that barks
when I sang eulogy of you.
to you shall I offer, sacrifice that scares the vulture,
schnapps that can run a brewery
and before you will I prostrate
till my sins are forgiven. 

Ogun oni re
bless my harvest as I go into the jungle,
let me hunt and not be hunted,
keep my kids safe away from the disease
that floods the village soil,
bless our wives with healthy fruit of the womb
and bless my household with love, peace and long life.

10 comments:

Today's Visitors.