League Day 28; HUSSANI ABDULRAHIM vs OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA

LIVE; HUSSANI ABDULRAHIM vs OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA


NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!


THEME: HIDDEN TREASURES


HUSSANI ABDULRAHIM 

Title: MUSINGS 

I. 
I wear this withering country over my willowy epidermis, 
And she becomes my shallow skin, 
And I- an opaque shadow stained by the odorous sludge of yesteryears. 
I'm the immortal rust found in gold, 
But this rust, in all its shabbiness, is still bold. 

II. 
They say beggars are waste papers, 
Mundane things to be tossed away. 
But when I became a microscope prying into the eyes of an urchin, 
There was this invisible fluorescence within, 
And his wilting body became an elevator navigating into heaven. 

III. 
I'm a black boy, so says the world- 
The secret lolling in the songs of worrying talons; 
And that there's no illumination in my eyes. 
But never has night with her domineering light shut out the tinniest of stars; 
In this body of mine are butterflies- 
Little nuggets plodding about in a proud slum, 
where my heart's a history of bright things 
You'll never learn in a museum.

OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA

TITLE; HIDDEN TREASURE
(For the precious heart I failed to see)

I’ve dug a hole through many hearts
in search of precious stones.
I’ve failed to see through your blue eyes, 
treasures precious than gold.
I’m sorry that I couldn’t see
the beauty in your eyes.
This treasure would I always keep
to be cherished like stars.

I wish I could see through the sky
and through the hearts of men.
I could have seen gold laced with stars
that beautifies your tears.
Your heart is paradise on heart;
A home that breeds treasure.
I wish I had seen through the depth
and never made you cry.

I’ve seen your heart melt at my sight
like magma flow when hot.
Revealing treasures in your heart
I’ve always thought was lost.
I’m sorry it took me so long
to see your heart of gold.
I’m sorry I’ve always been wrong
and treated you like stone.

© iPod
OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA PETER

30 comments:

  1. I vote poem 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to all who voted. Voting has closed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to all who voted. Voting has closed.

    ReplyDelete

Today's Visitors.