League Day 35: HUSSANI ABDULRAHIM vs KOLADE OLAWALE


NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!



THEME: AFRICAN FASHION

HUSSANI ABDULRAHIM


TITLE: NORTHERN LADY 

Just stay there looking all pretty, 
Sunlight gliding between fingers of leaves. 

You stay there looking pretty, 
Wrapped in ankara ferried from Dakar, 
Made from the oldest of indigo dye pits. 

Stay there looking all like a queen, 
With the red gloss on your sultry lips, 
And the magic of cocoa butter enslaving your skin. 

Stay there shining all bright; 
Henna patterns creeping up your hands, 
Dancing on the fringes of your toes. 

Northern lady, glowing brighter than the sun, 
Keep the kohl embracing your eyes, 
Let this beauty be preserved in your heart.

KOLADE OLAWALE


TITLE; Title  : Who are you
.
.
To the king is the crown, the staff
and beautiful robe speaking of royalty.
to the Chief is the IYUN   bead.
to a man with birth rite is SOKOTO and   BUBA
and not suit and tie like one
from a white man land.
.
to a lady is nakedness
when she wears jumping clothes
like that of a doll.
but for my beautiful ASAKE
shall I buy IRO and BUBA,
galvanized with GELE and IPELE.
for my undying love for ADUNNI
I will buy her OOSUN and LAALI
to sprinkle out her killer beauty.
the beauty that stole my heart from my chest.
.
to sorrow shall   be darkness
wrapped in   black clothes,
to the wise one of the land
shall I send white clothes,
cause to him is purity and divinity of the land.
.
In my father's house,
I need not to speak before you know who I am.

7 comments:

Today's Visitors.