BROKEN...


Look deep into my cavity, there
You'll find my soul dancing to
Dirges my ears are trying not to listen to;
Like mother fleeing home at the sight of the axe;
Like sister finding solace from the rope released
From a tree's branch after buying fables from the hunter's son;
Like home becoming a battle field & father scoring off with a shot on himself -
Gboom! I heard from the back door.

You'll find my heart agitating to break through its chambers,
With the chambers becoming walls of Jericho,
Yet no moses to listen to God's message;
My mother's pastor had become my mother's husband.
How then would this wall break down?

This river is wide, deep, but near,
So near I can feel the tides alternating inside of me...
This river is life,
And this is me trying to hold this river for stability,
But this river is broken already & each fish survives on its own -
I'm now a fish stranded at a circular edge in this river.
Slowly, slowly I drop my hands off this last piece of river I'm holding,
Just slowly - maybe 5 years -
Slowly, slowly... I drowned.

I am Emmanuel
©2018.

6 comments:

Today's Visitors.