I AM INNOCENT.


Let me paint myself unto portraits of memories
Standing tall for the world to see.
Let these tears of mine, be carved into pots of reminiscences
Inviting the world to drink from it.

This poem is too sad to be written!
Thus, I switch role from the writer to the reader;
You write what I read from portraits of my memories
Transferred into pages of books.
You write with pen constructed inside your thoughts of me
Filled with inks from my pot of reminiscence -
You scribble on your heart pains flowing through me.

I'm innocent.
Unaware of the silence you're burnt into,
With the pain your lone ashes struggles with,
For, I didn't write what you read,
But you wrote what I read from the portraits of my memories -
You prescribed your pain!

I am Emmanuel
©2018.

No comments

Today's Visitors.