MY RESOLUTION


Was it my ink that dried up
Or my pen got missing?
Was it my notepad
Or my keyboard?

Was it the fear of the unknown
That kept my distance from my muse,
Or the fear of critiques
That seized my pen.

Was it the fear of delayed limelight
That erased hope from my eyes,
Or the fear of not hitting the punchline
Created a vacuum in my heart.

These are questions
That keeps flowing in my head,
Forming my Achilles hill,
Obstructing the sight of my pen.

My pen can't see again,
Neither can it talk like before.
My muse is fading away,
My book is becoming a flop.

Minutes are becoming hours,
Hours transforming to days,
My days travel to weeks,
Yet my pen wouldn't rise.

It weakens my heart
And troubles my soul,
Nevertheless I am determined,
Never to give up!

I am Emmanuel
©2017.

Today's Visitors.