LEAGUE DAY 2; MIMIYIE BENHURA vs MOHAMMED SHAMS-DEEN


Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen! Today, I bring you two wordsmiths ironing words out between themselves. MOHAMMED SHAMS-DEEN and MIMIYIE BENHURA...

Today is league day 2 and this battle is already becoming fierce!... Enjoy!

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to vite for them using the commentsection of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlord and Wordlordess... LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!



THEME: BLACK BLOOD

Mohammed Shamsu-Deen

TITLE; Prey for Vampires

I was the wing-tied raven
On whom vampires preyed
Vampires who preached vice virtues
And used pipettes of treachery
To draw away my blood.

When I untied myself
They came back with aid
But aid was bait
That plucked my star feathers.

When I healed to soar
They returned
Airborne like pneumonia
Swearing to spell me with anaemia
But I did caw. flew
And cursed:

"Tomorrow — just tomorrow
You shall be scarecrows
On whom crows will nest!"


MIMIYIE BENHURA

TITLE; UNTITLED

They call it cursed blood that runs through my veins. 
They say my ancestors wronged Ruvengo,
The friend's untouchable one, 
And they were smitten with bad blood,
That has flown down to each descendant.

This bad blood is a plague,
That repels all the good we earn.
That attracts disdain from those that see us.
That drinks life from our bodies.
That screams in agony when we seek healing.

How do I rid myself from this curse?
How do I cleanse myself of this bad blood?
Whom do I brew the traditional beer for?
Whom do I appease?
Shall i continue to mourn the lives of my kin,
As they are taken as penance?

I refuse to die for the sins of another!
I cloak myself with the blood of another,
When the time comes.
I have cheated death.
But for how long shall the soil be deceived?
When will this bad blood betray me and quench the soil



GOOD LUCK TO ALL POETS ONCE AGAIN.



8 comments:

Today's Visitors.