League Day 4; MOHAMMED SHAMS-DEEN. vs KOLADE OLAWALE



Live; MOHAMMED SHAMSDEEN vs KOLADE OLAWALE.

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to vite for them using the commentsection of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlord and Wordlordess... LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!


MOHAMMED SHAMS-DEEN

TITLE; Lost but Found

I was a victim of Adam's serpent
Who lure me to drink its venom
And wore its skin
So I turned wayfarer with serpentine trek
Trailing the trails of the snake.

But time has sucked the spree
And goaded me to a fork road:
One side proceeds by mud 
And the other by serpent prints
Mud road may lead me mad
Serpentine footprints to Satan

I toss a cowry of thought
Bequeathed me my father
Repudiating the serpentine Road
That leads to love of lone
Path which I hear cacophonies yonder
Where Arishe's skirt swore
Never to marry her knees . . .

To trace the footprints of Toha Zea
To scout for the stool of Okomfo Anokye
To seek the home of Gbewah
For I thirst to taste the wines
That from palms belly drip
I long to listen the jubilant crickets
That garnish dawn rhythms of timpana
The dancing smoke from the pulsing dung
The grinning greens from farming fields
And the sparkles and spectacles
Of father-niece-sister reverence

So I shall tread on the mud path 
For the trails of my ancestors.

Mohammed Shamsu-Deen



KOLADE OLAWALE

TITLE; THE HEART-FINDER
.
.
I will be the explorer,
finding the road that leads alone to your
heart.
I will be the watch guard,
watching over your footsteps all day.
you will be the robber
burgling into my dreams at night.
.
.
I will stay in the dark,
trying to catch a glimpse of your beauty
in the splash of the moonlight.
I will be in the hidden
using all I've got to study your heart,
trying to find your dos and don'ts
.
.
I will take upon myself
the task of finding best way to caress for
your heart,
I will go extra miles
in search of the golden rose flower that
pleases you most,
I will dance in the rain,
I will walk on the ocean,
I will walk, I will run,
finding just the paths that lead alone to
your heart.


LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!!!!

45 comments:

  1. I vote poem 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to everyone who voted. Voting has closed.

    ReplyDelete

Today's Visitors.