League Day 5; ADEPOJU BABAJIDE vs OLAWUYI BLESSING


Today is the fifth day into the league, and I bring you two poets who'll be doing justice to words in their own way depending on their dexterity. Enjoy!

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to vite for them using the commentsection of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

THEME: POVERTY

ADEPOJU BABAJIDE

TITLE; POVERTY

From the sands of time
You have been a scorpion
That stings the pockets of "men"
You have been a odious creature
That has roamed the desert
Poverty

You whose hands are black clarions
And decimating like lesnars' gloves
And have conquered golden homes
Like Napoleon and Alexander did
Poverty

You sneaked into the limbo of time
Unpacked and never arranged on a straight line
You sailed into homes like Titanics
And began your adventures
Poverty

Oh poverty
By the geckos as they smile through my father's walls
And by the eagles as they soar high in unison
We say no to walls of unfreedom
And to pangs that makes stones boil faster
©ADEPOJU THANY BABAJIDE


OLAWUYI BLESSING

Title; "POVERTY"


Poverty!
I was born in a hidy-hole of poorness.
Could that be the reason for my leanness?
Poverty! Poverty! Poverty!
I could remember when I was wailingly in needs,
I wish I could afford a nursemaid.
But, poverty was never a distant flesh and blood...

Poverty!!
I understood better as I ripe in height and weight that I deserve more.
Could that prolly be the reason for my lack(s) in possessions?
Poverty! Poverty! Poverty!
I could remember fully well of my parents rolling stones,(Why?)
For them to make living better for me and my sisters.
But, poverty was never a distant cousin...

Poverty!!!
Alive and kicking I am this recent daytime,
No more struggling with my past time,
Cos' I learned adulthood real quick,(How?)
By living in my rich dream(s).
If anyone come across poverty, make it known to his ears;
That his ways with me ended long time ago,
That I am under a new charge of living.
And never forget to tell it to him also,that
I am still that boyhood with the rich dreams...

Olawuyi,Blessing Ishola.

ENJOY!!!!

25 comments:

  1. Enter your comment...i vote poem 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to all who voted. Voting had closed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to all who voted. Voting had closed.

    ReplyDelete

Today's Visitors.