League Day 7: HEVARDINAR INSPIRED vs OJO ADEWALE IYANDA.


Good evening lovers of poetry, today I bring you a poet and a poetess striving to promote feminism with their words.

Who does it better? The poet or the poetess? Keep your focus, scrutinize their words and select the best. Ojo Adewale Takes on Hevardinar Inspired... Enjoy!

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to vite for them using the commentsection of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

THEME: FEMINISM

HEVARDINAR INSPIRED

Title: A letter to my unborn daughter.

Dear daughter,
You have a bright future ahead of you 
Multiple stars and a relaxed destiny 

You could be the change the world needs 
Your birth should be a black man dream 
Life would wait for you 

Don't end in the kitchen like your mother 
You have a full life to live
Don't depend on men 
They would promise you heaven 
And make you like a toilet paper 

My brave daughter of Zion 
Your period is an abomination to be said in public 
Don't feel too bad about it 
Keep it for the main time, till your voice is heard 

Your body isn't a church bell
It isn't for charity either 
Be modest in your dressing 
Lead by example 

Inequality started from Adam 
We're left to suffer 
Your dreams can't fade away 
Be the voice other black women need
 
Dear daughter
I failed in my responsibility 
But still I'll stand by your side till the end 
I'm African I'm black I'm beautiful 
©Hevardinar

OJO ADEWALE IYANDA

Title: Untitled.

Feminism
                 is 
an
       elegy
I can't sing it.

Let me sing of the goodness of humanity
For I will die for a cause
That will give peace like a flowing river
Than live for a cause that will make me stagnant
Like a dead sea.

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!!!

5 comments:

Today's Visitors.