League Day 7: ADEPOJU BABAJIDE vs KOLAWOLE ENIFENI SAMAD.


...and now, I present to you, the final duel for today! ADEPOJU BABAJIDE vs KOLAWOLE SAMAD... Enjoy!

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to vote for them using the commentsection of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

THEME: FEMINISM


ADEPOJU BABAJIDE

Title: FEMIMISM

Come oh way my love
I shall at your feet bow and make you a princess
not feminism,for feminist play with their own emotionsy
for adichie,s hibiscus and emecheta,s joy
of motherhood she claimed
I am not a feminist but feminism lies at the feet of cowards.

My love, I am of the timid ones
I was there when timidity crawled into my father's bones
but feminism bowed at his feet
Yes,feminism bowed at his feet
At the smile of the moon
my grandmother would unleash her terror of fairy tales
but she died on the bed of broken truths
So shall feminism.

©ADEPOJU THANY BABAJIDE.


KOLAWOLE ENIFENI SAMAD

TITLE: UNTITLED.

From WOMB to tomb, 'she' is blessed.
But many unsatisfied nights, 'she's' had,
Although, 'She' remained in her armour like a knight.
Even when 'She' decisions in the world couldn't ignite.

 From WOMB to tomb, 'She' is tortured.
Of all words, the word 'She' shouldn't be sidelined.
'She' is the salt of the word;mostly said.
Forever, 'She' remains a shade tree to rest unto when tired.

A perfect insight to 'She' Importance to the World.

Why must ' She' not be respected?
All in all,why were 'She' wings cut so low?
One important rib of Adam's –
Of course 'She' was made to thrive.

In her will, 'She' wished to roar.
In her thoughts, 'She' wished to soar.
Soar higher and be heard.
For without 'She',the world is a graveyard.


–Ennyfheni

5 comments:

Today's Visitors.