League Day 14; KOLADE OLAWALE vs OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA


The unfinished discussion of yesterday continues today; FALLEN HEROES, as two poets once again would be slugging it out based on the theme.

Who wins the duel and who loses? Watch as the drama unfolds. Also don't forget this contest is aimed at learning, unlearning, and relearning basics of poetry.

Enjoy!

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!


THEME: FALLEN HEROES
(In memory of Africa past warriors (leaders))

KOLADE OLAWALE ABDULKABIR

TITLE; Title: To my dead father

If no memory of you I remember again,
will the pains of your departure
ever leave my heart?
pains of me being dropped to the lonely hands of a mother,
pains from my hungry tummy
cause mama couldn't fetch for us like you used to do,
pains over pains,
pains that almost strucked my heart to death.

if now my heart has grown tougher to resist pains,
who then will fill the hole, the void and the scar your departure left on my heart?
who will stand in your place on the family tree
and suite in like nothing happened?
who?

if nothing we've missed of your absence,
what about your bravity like that of a lion?
your leadership roles that made you outstanding,
and the love you shared like a love dispenser.

if nothing I've given in return for your love,
will I ever hesitate to plant flowers above your head
while you sleep in your last home?
will I not write words of praises to your name?
will I not kneel down and pray for you every days of my life?
will I not do all these in return?
least I get haunted for being ungrateful.


OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA PETER

TITLE; FALLEN HEROES
(A DIRGE)

When I walked on these brazen sands of burning time,
I heard your voices echo, “we died not in vain.”
When I saw your ancient footprints in the sand,
my soul shed tears because they felt your pain.

I’ve tried to dry the tears away from this teary sky,
but heavens held my hand and let them freely flow.
My eyes betrayed my heart and wept for these fallen stars;
The sun now shines no more to mourn these heroic souls.

I’ve walked around your graves to see bones rise again,
but you sand-filled ears heard not my silent cries.
The seas are going wild and now enraged with pain.
Why did you have to leave and make us cry all nights?

Our hearts and soul are grieved and burn with hotter flame;
Your memories in our minds erupt and linger still.
You were angels on earth that helped us set the pace;
It hurts us all to say, but we say “rest in peace.”

©iPod
OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA PETER

34 comments:

  1. Kudos to both writers, but poem 2 went with the basic theme,thus I vote poem 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poem one is straight forward.....Therefore, I vote poem 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote poem 2.

    I love the flow of words. Very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote poem 2.
    Nice use of imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote poem 2.
    Nice metric pattern and rhymes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote poem 2.
    Superb poetic style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote poem 2.
    Your choice of words are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote poem 2.
    You did a great job with the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to all who voted. Voting has closed.

    ReplyDelete

Today's Visitors.