League Day 20: ONI TOMIWA vs KOLAWOLE SAMAD


LIVE:  ONI TOMIWA vs KOLAWOE ENIFENI SAMAD

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!


THEME: gods OF AFRICA

ONI TOMIWA

TITLE: PRAYERS TO THE GODS


I bring colanut and alligator pepper
I pour libation at your shrine(s)
Do heed my voice 
With rumbling thunder.

An innocent foot i lay on the soil
That houses 401 gods and spirits
Guarding the borders of the earth.

But first I pay homage to Olodumare
The one with no shrine
The ruler of the sky
Ever right, never wrong.

I salute my Ori, the bearer
Of life's travails and successes,
The discerner of how my sojourn will end.
Orunmila, the father of Agboniregun
The one covered with wisdom unfathomable
Here I stoop, beneath your garland
Waiting for divination
For the future's deeds and to unravel mysteries.

Osun sengese, the spirit of living waters
My mouth shall sing of your beauty
Do crown my neck with grace
And let love seek me out.

Sango olukoso, warrior ever strong,
The one who breathes lightening
And speak thunderous languages
I do not cross your lane
Ithout bowing to your prowess.

Esu laalu, I present your sacrifices with both hands
Do not confuse my path on crossroads
Nor spin my head with mischief.

Again I libate thoroughly with my mouth
And with palm wine spewed on the earth
I do not praise one god and scorn the other
Lest I become a sheep munching palm fronds
Beside cracked walls.
Lest the gods make my skull their calabash
Where my blood will be sipped to satisfaction...
Here I end my prayers
May the gods give ears
And part blocked ways.

KOLAWOLE ENIFENI SAMAD


gods Of Africa (Eulogy)

Tell me! Who would not waver?
Who would see the trickster and not shiver?
Eshu! The invisible foe of men.
Eshu! The dweller of T-junction.
Thee who would give out a Hen,
And seek in return, a Cow.
Eshu! Trick me not,nor my successor.

Orunmila! To ye,the sky is Home
And the land is market–
A place to learn lessons needed.
Orunmila! Only the sky knows who will be saved.
Thou art the revealer of future,
Through the secrets of the Oracle.
Orunmila! Thou knowledge is vast.

Aye! Sango oh!
Oshun's choice,
Thou art the god of fire,
Every parts of you is furnaced.
Thou hast no stomach for Kola.
The Batá drum is your favourite.

What was such Gem?
The beauty beneath the Sea.
Yemoja! the goddess of the Ogin.
Around thou neck, a fishy lace.
To ye,rivalry is without hatred,
Insults without edge,
Raw emotion without offence.
Yemoja! Your mercy is unequal.

©Ennyfheni

28 comments:

  1. Enter your comment...I vote poem 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enter your comment...i vote poem 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to all who voted. Voting has closed.

    ReplyDelete

Today's Visitors.