League Day 37: EMMANUEL KARIBI vs HUSSANI ABDULRAHIM


NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!



THEME: FOOD 'N' CULTURE

EMMANUEL KARIBI OBUALA

Title: UNTITLED

Culture is she that makes
us who we are, the sculptor
that moulds our personalities
i am African, and there's a
uniqueness entailed in me
it makes me peculiar, unlike
others. Yes, my complexion
tells me apart from others
not African, but it is my culture
that defines me as in me from
many more.
my culture is 'African'
virtuously traditonal
my brethren also, so ought
to be, but they're found
a way of life according them
finer than who we're
and so for it our culture they
abide in no more, for they
say they've met the true way
in the whiteman's culture

In my culture are many quisines
and delicacies, sumptious dishes
richly nutritious, and yummy
in my culture are many fastitious
pots of fine food, meals with
which hearts are won over.

©EMMANUEL KARIBI OBUALA

HUSSANI ABDULRAHIM


TITLE; CONJURER OF TASTES
  
The food always taste like heaven 
Whenever it's the shadow of a mother 
Emerging from a smoke filled kitchen, 
With eyes, red, counting every flicker of red petals 
Springing forth from firewood. 

There's a way the food tastes 
When she shakes the invisible dust from her palms 
Into a hot gurgling pot- 
The last valiant recipe, if denied, 
shall only mar all the nights of hardwork and vigil 
In sorting carefully every good grain of guinea corn. 

There's a way the jollof tastes 
When mother tells you to use your fingers, 
For in that lies a connection 
That only mothers who know 
The deep secrets of tastes can decipher.

5 comments:

Today's Visitors.