Mama Africa.


You're so beautiful Mama Africa!
I have travelled far and wide
Seeking inspiration for wisdom,
Your bosom is so comforting that;
I look into your eyes and I see home!

Mama Africa,
Everything about you is charming.
I was a restless soul
Traveling to the corners of the earth,
Exploring the depths of the sea;
A continent filled with so many wonders.
I was a wandering soul!
Curiosity drove me to the edge...
But you Mama, rescued me.

Mama Africa,
You are a great lover,
Well shaped and positioned..
The Kilimanjaro..nestled deep in the lithosphere.
There's no place like lake Victoria,
The brownish kalahari...
Look how they cast envious glances our way.
In Africa there's a reason for everything
So underestimated!
Look where we are today!

If racism and prejudices didn't stop our fathers
What possibly can?
We are the best..look around you.

Mama Africa
So diverse in culture
Rich in heritage!
She's just simply amazing!
Pride land..!
East or West,home is best!

Olajide Marian
©2017.

No comments

Today's Visitors.