League Day 26; HUSSANI ABDULRAHIM vs KOLAWOLE ENIFENI SAMAD


LIVE: HUSSANI ABDULRAHIM vs KOLAWOLE ENIFENI



NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!


THEME: RETROSPECT


HUSSANI ABDULRAHIM

TITLE: NOSTALGIA 

I'm a shadow by the window, 
Under a clear sky with clouds hurrying by. 
A boy does a half-somer on the burning sand, 
I hear his voice- skitish, bouncing in the wind. 

I wish to wear his skin 
And run nude in the rain; 
I want to crawl into his rare face, 
Fly with the wind, and in the garden race. 

Let me wear his joking ribs, 
Like a cloak of silent peace; 
Let me sit in his puerile eyes, 
Like a bright-eyed day at ease. 

Oh time! If only thee could recede, 
I'd shrink back deep into this thorny fold, 
Become the nude boy dancing in the rain, 
One I never was, but a boy again.


KOLAWOLE ENIFENI SAMAD

TITLE; Retrospect


Such was that beautiful scene,
A full rounded beauty in the sky,
Accompanied by myriad of little wonders–
The shining little light in the sky.

I had seen the blue moon,
I had seen that one occurrence,
I had seen the gem that only emerge seven times,
Seven times in Nineteen years.

Such was the wonders it brought,
As it showed me a mother,
Who held her baby up in joy,
As its ray swirled around them.

Oh! Beautiful blue Moon.
Will I ever see you again?
Now that I'm Ninety,
Will you ever glow again?
Hey! Beautiful blue light,
I shall tell my grandchild I met you.


©Ennyfheni

23 comments:

  1. Just imagining things.
    I vote poem 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote poem 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to all who voted. Voting has closed.

    ReplyDelete

Today's Visitors.