League Day 10:OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA PETER vs WAKCHIN NENGAK


LIVE: OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA PETER vs WAKCHIN NENGAK

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

THEME: RACISM


WAKCHIN NENGAK

Title: RACISM

They say it died in the nuoghties of this age
away with human rustling 
but ask why they feign white is the colour of God & all things right.

ask you why anything dark is made to seem sinister that they won't crown a black pope 
as if black & all things dark-hued are unclean.

See, not only catholic faith-heads are beige-skinned 
all angles & worthy deeds are painted fair 

we daily see contempt even on soccer pitches - the game we thought will merge us into one
-a timon fan will fling a banana peel at you as if your diet is apish.

Creams are wrapped with beige models & we daily peel our pride in quest of that assumed beauty 
while we complain of colour disdain.

& even we the blacks despise & say
awful things to bluish eyes & still loathe our kind over mere hues
while running a race that raze our conscience.

©Wakchin Nengak


OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA PETER

Title: RACISM

I tried to hold this pain inside
but my heart erupted tears.
My eyes betrayed my painful smile
and tears laced my tiny hairs.
The race of black now suffers much
and our pride reduced to dust.
We are now seen as criminals
because our skin is black.

They hurled at me soul-breaking words
that knocked me off my feet.
They laughed at me and had me cursed
and called me a misfit.
The tears of black are now of blood
and this just have to stop.
I can’t blame God because I’m black
or because he made them white.

We are so pretty in and out
but their eyes just couldn’t see.
We have gold plated in our hearts
but hatred won’t let them feel.
The hope of blacks have been revived
and the blow we’ve all survived.
We’ve overcome the test of time
and we’ve turn around the tides. 

© iPod
OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA PETER

ENJOY!

16 comments:

Today's Visitors.