League Day 12:OLAWUYI BLESSING ISHOLA vs OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA PETER

Today, we want to flash into the past remembering the times of coup d'etat in various countries around Africa who gas experienced the ugly experience.

History brings to our notice that Togo was the first country in Africa to experience coup d'etat. Anyway, without much ado, two poets would be writing on the theme;BROKEN WALLS (In memory of Africa Past Coups)

Do your part in deciding who massacred the theme the most in his poem... Enjoy!


NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

THEME: BROKEN WALLS



OLAWUYI BLESSING ISHOLA

TITLE; "BROKEN WALLS"

Organized set of killers they were,
Vying for power that never fit their wear(s).
Forceful were they, on every of their authorizations,
As though, coup was all they could rely on as a puppet of authorizations.
More did it seem to be like the game of thrones,
Where iniquity was all that could be achieved on the thrones.
Forgeting karma, being an objective impulse,
As they try to confront opposers in repulse,
Just as personal items are placed in purse.
Truths were unvoiced,
As seconds split-by and head up truth being voiced.
At the end was all unforgettable,
And never till now fixable,
Cos' already are all lines of walls broken.

Peace!

©Olawuyi, Blessing Ishola.


OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA PETER

TITLE: YOU BROKE MY WALL

Will your mocking pleas bring back my dead father
who was murdered in cold blood?
He was only a brave hunter who searched farther
for games to hunt before leaving at dawn.
You shot him down without a word
and tossed him into the pool like that?
You shattered my soul and broke down my wall
then sang praises of your coup d’état.

My mother cried and tried to mend the wall
while you sat there on your bloody throne.
My siblings became beggars and were always scorned
and you turned me into a living ghost.
Father was brave but he never tried 
to stop your bloody coup d’état.
Will you mend the wall that shattered my life
or leave me to die in agony like that?

You broke some walls, yes! You broke my wall
and sunk a hole right through my only hope.
Innocent souls with innocent thoughts
tasted your wrath and never returned home.
You broke some walls that couldn’t be repaired,
but there you sat and ruled us with smile.
You killed my dreams and called it government affairs;
You broke my wall to achieve your coup d’état. 

© iPod
OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA PETER

38 comments:

  1. I vote poem 2.

    I really love the way you carved your words and made everything organized. The imagery is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poem 2 it touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote poem 2..

    The poet is really amazing with words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote poem 1.

    Because your poem is concise and pithy...keep the flag flying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for poem 1.. Poet, Olawuyi Ishola Blessing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote poem 1... Ishola keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to all who voted. Voting has closed.

    ReplyDelete

Today's Visitors.