League Day 16;KOLAWOLE ENIFENI SAMAD vs OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA PETER


LIVE: KOLAWOLE ENIFENI SAMAD vs OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA PETER

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!


THEME: SOJOURN


KOLAWOLE ENIFENI

TITLE: SOJOURN


Who is to blame?
When at conception,
I couldn't choose where to stay.
My body strays,
Like a Kite without fliers;
My conscience swirls.

Where have I got to go?
'No place like home', I'm moved.
Which way shall I head,
If not the path of my past Fathers?
Which hut am I to dwell,
If not the merged Bamboo of my forebears?

My land is for I, I shall still–
It was the hell I dared to dwell,
The fire I dreamed to quench,
The ocean I wish to swim.

To seek a pasture, no NOT!
The greener one lies beneath my feet–
It was where my growth commenced
And where it's bound to end.


©Ennyfheni


OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA

TITLE; SOJOURN
(THIS WORLD IS NOT OUR HOME)

Strangled and suffocated with voidness of life,
my heart melts with fear and whispers for home.
Breathing in flames that fall down the scary sky,
my soul whistled, ‘this world is not your own.”

I am but a stranger that never gave a hang
but struck with calming shock of transiency of life.
I am a dying soul that have sojourned for long;
I am a fallen star that have become forlorn.

I’ve heard about the tales the elders told in tears,
about out looming death and things ephemeral.
My soul shed tears and blood and shivered in fear
and then it slowly said, “this world is temporal.”

I’ve heard the birds chirp and sing with painful cries,
“where do we go when life sets us apart?”
I’ve seen the rich men sob and try to defy death. 
They all forgot we are strangers on earth.

I’ve seen the blue moon fade when nature demands
and how the dark sun sets to light our souls again.
I’ve heard nature proclaim, “prepare the time is now!”
and how creatures groaned, “don’t take our world away.”


© iPod
OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA PETER.

22 comments:

  1. I vote poem 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enter your comment...I vote poem 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote poem 2.
    Flawless imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote poem 2.
    Tasteful metric pattern and rhymes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote poem 2.
    Cool words that made me have a sober reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enter your comment...I vote poem 1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to all who voted. Voting has closed.

    ReplyDelete

Today's Visitors.