League Day 18: OLANIYI OLOLADE vs OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA


LIVE:  OLANIYI OLOLADE vs OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!



THEME: MIRAGE

OLANIYI OLOLADE

TITLE: A MIRAGE

There are times we get lost in this weird wilderness,
With our feeble bodies swayed by the whirl wind, 
Blowing with force, ceasing our legs from moving. 

There are times we try to beat the gong of joy, 
Only to hear our bitter tongues letting out a sad song, 
Of sorrow that lingers in our burning hearts.

Even though we keep hoping, 
Longing for the day we would write our stories 
On the golden wall of glories, 

Time swallowed our days, 
Till gray becomes the colour of our fate, 
And our faith is already fading away, 

The doctor could bear us witness, 
He said, we're already melting into history, 
That we might soon become a memory roaming the street. 

Hope do appears sometimes, maybe on the face of bashira, 
The only star that sparkles in our dreary sky, 
But she fades before dawn, battered by violent boys in the town. 

Now, tell us what we've gathered. 
We're scattered and shattered like broken glasses. 
Tomorrow we might cross the border, 
Our brothers would say "rest in peace "

Do we really rest in peace,
Or in pieces of meaningless? 
Because our life is a mirage, 
A gathering of nothigness. 

© Olaniyi Ololade 2017
#The_living_poetry


OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA

TITLE; MIRAGE

I’ve lived my life chasing shadows 
of what I thought were real.
I’ve sped up the crawling tempos
to catch a glimpse of you.

I am pregnant with illusions
that disappear when near.
I am guilty of self-delusion
like a mad man with beer.

You are a product of a thought
I wish I never had.
An illusion with a sword
that hurts my bleeding heart.

You show yourself in dreams
but fill my heart with void.
You fill my heart to the brim
with images that hurt.


You play tricks with my failing sight
but draw me closer to you.
You meddle with my silky heart
and make me lick my wound

You make me grow in ecstasy
but rub salt on my scars
You feed me with your fantasies
but make me groan at night.

I've tried to get a hold of you
to know what you feel like.
I guess that is impossible
for you are a mirage.  

© iPod
OYEKUNLE IFEOLUWA PETER

17 comments:

Today's Visitors.