League Day 21; ADELEYE OLUWADARASIMI vs JOSIAH AKPAN

This duel is dedicated to all mass killings occurrences recorded across Africa. May the souls of the affected continue to rest in perfect peace. Amen.

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!


THEME: MASSACRE

ADELEYE OLUWADARASIMI

TITLE: The Friends

The bond of Brotherhood, 
They say is like that of The Snail and its Shell.
They both linger in Brotherhood,
The Snail does not Live without its Shell.

They Stay Together all through time.
One is an integral part of the other.
But not in a Turbulent time, 
At that point one becomes the villain of the other.

Once When the Water of distress finds its way in to the shell.
The Shell only needs a little shake to let go off the snail.
At this point when the snail leaves the shell,
Into the cold ❄ hands of death goes the snail.

That is briefly our lives.
I remember My stay away from home.
Just the Time I had nearly lost my life.
The Time I knew there was no Home away from Home.

We Were four jolly friends,
We bonded together as brothers.
We all had our other friends.
Those who marred our brotherhood.

There came a violent tribal conflict.
All Foreigners were pushed into the hands of death. 
It was such a ruthless conflict.
That Gambo could not help but present his three friends to death.

The four friends ceased to be anymore.
The only Indigene released us to death.
The spirit of brotherhood was no more.
It was taken away by death.

I remember chukwudi died in my hands.
I can't forget the scary dead face of Adigun
Their blood soaked Gambo's Homeland.
I also do not know how I managed to Escape that night without Adigun.

©Oluwadarasimi M. Adeleye



JOSIAH AKPAN

TITLE: MASSACRE

Twas the same blood that rushed through our veins.
The same gas of wind we drew into our lungs.
Or did we not drink from the same cistern?
Mother,
Where they hypnotized to carry this mass murder?
I thought we were all humans
But I was mistaken.
I should have known they loved us better as humus!
With the strength of the Zulus,
With the power of the galacticos,
With insanity that surpassed the scales of reasoning,
They cut and hacked and slashed and shot,
Leaving no single breath in the nostrils of those they met.
A massacre!

Rwanda!
Who bewitched you!
Who hijacked the love that was like the sky covering all?
Someone get Sherlock!
If it were an enemy that did this,
I would have not had a nightmare.
But this massacre was staged by those I ate with;
With those who exchanged pleasantries with me
I called you brother!
But you saw us as lesser beings.
And you had to purge us;
With smoking rifles and spotless daggers;
With giant hounds and noisy grenades.
Those who said blood is thicker than water,
Must have had tissue paper in place of brains.
For it was blood that took the blood out of our veins
& snuffed the breath out of our nostrils
& loved us only when we were dead.

No comments

Today's Visitors.