League Day 21: ADEPOJU BABAJIDE vs HUSSANI ABDULRAHIM


This duel is dedicated to all mass killings occurrences recorded across Africa. May the souls of the affected continue to rest in perfect peace. Amen.

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!


THEME: MASSACRE

ADEPOJU BABAJIDE

TITLE: UNTITLED

And thus your blood speaks volume
On the sheath of my sword
Our oracular legs leads us somewhere
Souls cried in agony
Not because of the errands they ran
But because of the earth they left
And it was me who saw
I didn't conquer but I dealt with death
All in vain of the massacre
But like Peters
I have come home
From the bloodless wars
With proud hearts
My boots full of pride
©ADEPOJU THANY BABAJIDE


HUSSANI ABDULRAHIM

TITLE:THERE'S SILENCE IN THIS LAND 
Prompted by the Mubi bomb blast of Nov. 21, 2017. 

If only these walls can tell; 
The dark walls of my fallen room: 
Tales of how tears keep me company 
In nights where solitude's a mesmerizing tyrant 
Bearing totems that abhor light. 

I keep twisting these cinematic scenes in my dreams: 
Pictures of smoke, silences and deaths, 
Of wails, whimpers, and fading groans, 
Yet, when I try to paint with my pen, 
Forgive me, I fail. I fail woefully. 

It's true that a bomb tore men to shreds, 
Turned a mosque into a conundrum of steaming flesh, 
Where Qurans and tasubahs were adorned with blood's stench. 
Women wailed, heads shook, some stared; dazed. 

I don't know what to say anymore, 
I just stirred to a radio's blabbing 
That in Mubi, a bomb came, saw and conquered, 
And in her aftermath, 50 bodies were saluted.

5 comments:

Today's Visitors.