League Day 24; KOLAWOLE ENIFENI SAMAD vs ANIEBIET EFFIONG


This duel is dedicated to all victims of the modern day slavery in Libya. Your voices are heard on this side.


NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!


THEME: ENSLAVED


KOLAWOLE ENIFENI SAMAD

TITLE: Enslaved; The heart Constraints 


To feed was a shame,
When hands are clipped in chains,
And legs bind to cages,
Irrespective of ages.


I lost my father to war
And my mother to hungry Wolves–
Their bloods spilled so I could escape,
Only to sprint into bondage.

The Efunshétan of our era.
I imagined brothers of races,
Taking his brother as slave,
Because of the Libyan to gain.


I am enslaved!
Neither because my hands are chained
Nor because my legs are clipped,
But because my Heart is not at liberty.


©Ennyfheni


ANIEBIET EFFIONG

Title: SOMEWHERE IN AFRICA

There are places in my heart,
where sorrows sojourns.
there are places in my eyes,
where lake has turned to ocean.

Somewhere in Africa,
Fathers are sonless,
Sons are fatherless,
Fate has torn them apart,
Breaking them into tiny shreds.
Tears have become their friend,
Laughter their foe,
Slavery has become their love,
Freedom their enemy.

somewhere in Africa,
peoples names have become slaves,
Bound and thrown into the cave
With their hands and legs with curves and chains.
Beatings falling them like a rain.
Their backs striped with marks,
Like hausa tribal marks.
Their children tortured, killed,
And fed to the crocodiles
The heads of their men slayed,
And their blood spilled on the floor
Like goats offered for sacrifice.

somewhere in Africa,
future has been caged,
destinies has been chained.

12 comments:

Today's Visitors.