Substituted Poets Duel, Round 1: IBRAHIM YUSUF vs KOLAWOLE ENIFENI


NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!



THEME: BLACK BLOOD

IBRAHIM YUSUF

Title:My Blood Is Not Black:

My blood is white,
symbol of peace,
I gather peace,
when it scatters, 
for the comfort of my Africa.

I blood is white,
symbol of love,
I water trees of love
in the vast land of Africa
for my people to eat
and quench the hunger of hate.

My blood is white,
I sing for unity,
in a high voice,
till I kill the sound of disunity,
in the whole land of Africa.

My blood is not black,
black is symbol of hate,
war and all that is bad.
My blood is white,
symbol of goodness.
My blood is not black! 

KOLAWOLE ENIFENI


TITLE; Black Blood:  My Brother

Cometh the run of a blackish flow,
The liquid beneath my breathe.

Nothing brings me joy than when I meet a brother–
A brother of my race,
A brother of the black blood–
A brother of Africa.

Mind aligned, I felt a gush,
All around in me,it felt like splash.
Was it the reddish, no leggy-walky blood?
Oh!  No and yes! It's my blood,
But being an African makes it black.

To you blood, I shall give a hand,
To you, I shall not let down,
To you blood,I shall do no evil.
The deepest black of my blood,
I shall cherish you.



©Ennyfheni

14 comments:

Today's Visitors.