Substituted Poets Duels, Round 2: IBRAHIM YUSUF vs ANIEBIET EFFIONG.


NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!



THEME: PATHFINDER

IBRAHIM YUSUF

Title: A Pathfinder:

On rough roads,
walking barefoot
and he feels no pains,
for what he sees ahead.

He walks endlessly
with great vigour,
like he's travelling to Pluto
looking for what he sees ahead.

What he sees ahead,
is pure bliss
so he sees no pain
in finding path in the pathless path. 

ANIEBIET EFFIONG


TITLE; SAVED FROM HELL 

Iniquity had put me down,
In sin i had lost my crown.
In sin i wallowed and drowned,
Against me God had frowned.
.
In sin i was lost, 
Everything i did were lust. 
I was eaten by sin like a cankerworm and locust.
Over me the devil took ownership,
With him i had fellowship.
.
My soul was depraved, 
I was unsaved.
My heart was hardened by the devil, 
To do evil.
.
"Repent! For the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent! 
The preacher exclaimed from afar, 
with a dynamic accent. 
The scales of sin fell from my eyes,
Then i came to realise,
I was close to my final ruin.
My eyes were opened to salvation.

My heart was filled with pangs of conscience,
For i knew what would be my eternal consequence. 
"fire, fire! Conflagration,
Fire, fire! Hellfire, damnation"
The thoughts of the fierce conflagration,
Ran through my mind without limitation.

"Jesus! I am a sinner, forgive me!"
with a contrite heart and with tears, 
i bemoaned, 
For i knew i couldn't do it on my own.

By His blood i was saved from hell
Now i have a testimony to tell.

I was a man, known for atrocity,
But today, Christ's love has been my pathfinder to life eternity.

3 comments:

Today's Visitors.