League Day 10: JOSIAH AKPAN vs KOLADE OLAWALE ABDULKABIR


LIVE: JOSIAH AKPAN  vs KOLADE OLAWALE ABDULKABIR

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

THEME: RACISM

JOSIAH AKPAN

TITLE: THE ODOURS FROM COLOURS

You brought the proverbs yourself
"Don't judge a book by its cover"
But like one sentenced to eternal hypocrisy
You have blinded your eyes 
& served yourselves a dinner of lies
That we are not worthy of note!!!

You say whatever is worth doing
Is not worth doing by a black man!
You do not detest the sky
When it wears its black uniform at night
You like your coffee really dark
Yet you hate us for hating sake
Scorn us for scorning sake
Just because the pigments covering our real self
Is many shades of black
Only men with dark hearts hate dark men!

The blood running through our veins
Is just as red as yours
And the tears that flow through our eyes
Are just as wet as yours
Our anus brings out yellow gems
Just like you do
Wash your face with the soap of sincerity
Rinse it with the cool water of sanity
Then you will behold with utmost clarity
The beauty you ignorantly seek to destroy
The beauty in the colour diversity nature has blessed us with
Quit churning it to a curse...a curse without a cause

What is the purpose of saying we are mankind
If skin colour stops you from being kind to a fellow man?
Hey bro,
Stop being blinded by your skin colour
White, black, red, yellow....all colours
Only fools will create a kingdom of oppression
Over what nature distributed.
Their is only one race worth upholding
It is called the human race.

©Josiah


KOLADE OLAWALE

Title: A TASTE OF RACISM
I've spent hundreds of years to come here,
for love from my land I've brought to share.
I've walked thousands of mile to come here,
for the creation of Almighty
I've come to admire.

I've walked my way and I'm here
but the shackles of hate words
you've bundled me with,
you said my blood smells black
so you decided to put me under the spell of colonialism.

a long way I've walked to be here
In search of the taste of cultural integration,
but now I've been fed with poison of civilization.
you made me think black denote death,
poverty and inferiority,
took my father's heritage for culture shock
and yet you wanted me to greet your father
in a prostration.

you raised my hands up
and we both raised our voices against racism
but in the darkest part of your room
you made my black skin
the rags that cleanses your shoe.

when then will you stop pulling the trigger against my kinsman?
when will you relieve my skin the taste of inferiority?
when you believe in culture integration and not segregation,
when the world sing this one song,
when we all say No to Racism.



GOODLUCK BARDS!!!

6 comments:

Today's Visitors.