League Day 15; ADELEYE OLUWADARASIMI vs MOHAMMED SHAMS-DEEN.

I'm currently in a dilemma either to leave home or not. Surely, if I leave today, sooner than later would I be back in my Father's land, cause there's no place like home, but still I want to leave!

Two poets this moment would be convincing me to either leave this land and seek for greener pastures in a foreign place or I stay.

Who wins my heart and who doesn't?... Enjoy this duel!

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!


THEME: SOJOURN


ADELEYE OLUWADARASIMI

Title: Place of Misery

That is a place of misery. 
My survival is still like a mystery. 
I was going to make them proud at home. 
And I knew that may be my last sight of the sweet home. 

Once I had to look unto my right. 
I asked what didn't go right. 
I heard no voice. 
All I heard was the echo of fierce Malice. 

I couldn't recollect what led me there. 
Neither did I think of how I would leave there. 
I had been subjected to pains. 
In fact All my gains from there are scars of pains. 

When I looked unto my left.
And I asked what was left.
Through a mirror I saw a Man's body. 
And what I saw was a dying body. 

May be the dying body wouldn't have been revived. 
Where could I have been revived. 
If I hadn't left the battle for the ground
And rush down home to make the curve round.

©OLUWADARASIMI M. ADELEYE




MOHAMMED SHAMS-DEEN

TITLE; Definition of Sojourn 

Stenchy fart
in harmattan wind
noses notice less.

Dark night
a lightning flashes—
eyes unsatisfied.

Trails of gululu
on water face
waves wipe out.

Between cold sun rise
and chill sun set
hottest blood cools off—

man's span on earth:
between dawn and dusk
for he is a sojourner.

Mohammed Shamsu-Deen

5 comments:

  1. It seems the poets have deviated from the theme, may be it's because there is no additional information attached to the theme in braket. The theme is just "Sojourn" and I just consulted a dictionary its meaning and the answer I got was "to stay somewhere temporarily". And from the first paragraph of the organisers' statement one may expect the poems to speak on leaving Africa to the West or East by Africans. But I don't know whether the poets are informed of the additional information privately.
    So I will just read the poems and offer my vote to a poet who did justice to the theme, just "Sojourn", not on leaving Africa.




    I just vote for poem 1.

    Thanks.
    NY Adams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I VOTE POEM 2. Adam's comment:'...and the answer I got was "to stay somewhere temporarily."' In poem two, 'fart' stayed temporary;'lightening'stayed temporary; 'man'stayed temporary on earth. What kind of deviation are you talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to all who voted. Voting has closed.

    ReplyDelete

Today's Visitors.