League Day 15; ADEPOJU BABAJIDE vs ANIEBIET EFFIONG

I'm currently in a dilemma either to leave home or not.Surely, if I leave today, sooner than later would I be back in my Father's land, cause there's no place like home, but still I want to leave!

Two poets this moment would be convincing me to either leave this land and seek for greener pastures in a foreign place or I stay.

Who wins my heart and who doesn't?... Enjoy this duel!

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!


THEME: SOJOURN


ADEPOJU BABAJIDE

TITLE: *SOJOURN*

We slide down the twenty first century cord
Down to a journey of mystery
A sojourn complete
An account required
I see my father too
He was a gullible river
I was also there
When timidity crawled into his boned
But truth bowed at his feet.

In heaven, I smoke your flame
Your oracular legs might lead you somewhere
Man proposes,God disposes
Have you not heard of the Orunmila story
He slept with his grandmother
He was reported to forty fishes
And forty kola nuts
But orunmila proved them to be numb akulks
And this, this is life.
©ADEPOJU THANY BABAJIDE



ANIEBIET EFFIONG

TITLE; SOJOURNERS

Olabisi,
Each time i mutter your name,
Words do flow from my mouth,
Like water cascading the brook. 

Olabisi, Sit with me,
For i have some words to ponder into your ears. 

Worry not yourself to sojourn,
For i have seen all.
I have passed through many he(arts)
I have sojourned in many places 

I have sojourned in a land,
Where the leaders think of their bellies,
While the masses die in hunger. 

I have sojourned in a land,
Where people trade people for money. 

I have sojourned in a land,
Where brothers bokoharamise their fellow brothers in their place of worship,
like Cain and Abel. 

I have sojourned in a land,
Named after food yet they die of hunger.
A land where corruption is their name. 

I have sojourned in a land,
Named after God yet, abomination is their daily food. 
The dwell in iniquity.

Seek not for greener pastures,
For the pastures over there are black. 

I have heard of men who went to wilderness in the name of green pastures.
I have heard of men who never returned.

Olabisi,
My father once told me that,
Man is a seed planted in the soil,
He grows, sprouts forth it stem, leaves and branches.
Some bear good fruit, some bad. 
After some years, he withers away and die.
Naked we came, naked we go.
We are all sojourners. 

But one thing i forgot to ask Father.
When shall i go home?
For life is full of ups and downs.

8 comments:

Today's Visitors.