League Day 15: HEVARDINAR INSPIRED vs JOSIAH AKPAN.


I'm currently in a dilemma either to leave home or not. Surely, if I leave today, sooner than later would I be back in my Father's land, cause there's no place like home, but still I want to leave!

Two poets this moment would be convincing me to either leave this land and seek for greener pastures in a foreign place or I stay.

Who wins my heart and who doesn't?... Enjoy this duel!

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!


THEME: SOJOURN


HEVARDINAR INSPIRED

TITLE: Sojourn 

Smiles on the face of multitudes 
As breathe was a natural gift bestowed on all 
Bridges would create roads 
Thoughts would ride on it 

Travellers would go home one day 
Death winds would definitely blow 
Lust and jealousy brings conscience to tears 
As guilt washed the dusty road 

Grief becomes the king's supper 
For a loved one is lost
Who knows when the last words would be said?
Who knows who would die next?

Life!
An unpredictable journey 
It should be lived to the fullest 
I'm African I'm black I'm beautiful

©hevardinar


JOSIAH AKPAN

TITLE; SOJOURN

We lusted for the green that was resplendent with lush
We had heard grand stories
From the sparrows that churned tales
Magnificent tales that made our senses salivate
Of lizards that stepped their foots
& metamorphosed into giant crocodiles


Our minds were made up
With bags and baggage in hand we trudged
Over forests of sands
Vast sands led us to much more sands
The more we trudged and panted and puffed;
the more we were blessed with bountiful deserts to transverse
As days led to nights; lives went with death
The heat suffocated us
The dryness choked us with its grim hands
It was a long walk to abyss

We left the hope we had,
For the facade we were sold
Nature dealt deadly blows at us
Two score youths sojourned to utopia
Or so we thought.
And as I lay on this hateful desert
Caressed by thirst and dryness
I, the last of them all
What do dreams worth in the land of the dead?

We had thought our sojourn was to a land of peace
Of prosperity and splendour
But now I see!
We left peace for pieces!
And with painful sobs, I concur
The grass we despised
Could have been a rainforest if we hanged on.

2 comments:

Today's Visitors.