League Day 25; AYOBAMI AYANFEMI vs JOSIAH AKPAN



LIVE: AYOBAMI AYANFEMI vs JOSIAH AKPAN

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!


THEME: RETROSPECT


AYOBAMI AYANFEMI

TITLE: Unforgettable home

Years of grief shook my world
Mingled tears fell from our eyes,
The smell of our home
Brought to us reminisce of the childhood.

Five lives in our household
Ten plays in the garden,
My best friend then was Castro
He loved telling story of Eden.

Soup and meat collides in the pot
Garnished stew with little salt.
Father's truck is always on track in his farm
 even to the side of the river dam.

The past time always recount
How life was a lesson in spilt time,
Wish to run back there
Where living isn't hell.

The feelings of going home 
Is like the mind of the occults.

Ayobamiayanfemi @gmail.com
Chosen Star

JOSIAH AKPAN

TITLE; DREAMLAND WILL ONE DAY HAVE FOUNDATIONS
I remember
How we sat as though on a board meeting
With our bare hands 
as the only needed gadget
to devouring Momma's porridge.
Had I knew that would be the last supper
at least I would have asked Aduke
to add the wine I tapped for brother Seun
kept under the bamboo bed
For safety.
Here I am,
On a farm far away from home
Only my thoughts keep me company.
I miss the tweets from the village square
every fortnight when the town gather to hear the headlines.
After tired days
When I have been baked by the sun
while shoveling and tending these strangers farms
When I on my tired bed lie
I remember the bliss I once had 
On the shores of the sahara foot
My dreams are filled with tales of the past
I'm peppered with nostalgia
The only nightmares I have
are in the day...
When I realised my chains are not spelt with freedom
Yet I dream!

No comments

Today's Visitors.