League Day 15; AYOBAMI AYANFEMI vs IBRAHIM YUSUF


I'm currently in a dilemma either to leave home or not. Surely, if I leave today, sooner than later would I be back in my Father's land, cause there's no place like home, but still I want to leave!

Two poets this moment would be convincing me to either leave this land and seek for greener pastures in a foreign place or I stay.

Who wins my heart and who doesn't?... Enjoy this duel!

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!


THEME: SOJOURN


AYOBAMI AYANFEMI

TITLE: When will I return home.

Mother sent me as her daughter to be slave for riches,
Father blessed my feet and hands.
Brother waved me bye
Sister cried on my shoulder.
For am going on a journey
For am going as a sacrificial lamb.

Am only fifteen,but old in mind.
Am the strong girl,rare in kind.
Sojourn to a far away land
For survival and riches.
This my family jointly bind.

Master mistress beat me in the day
She feeds me at night
Where their won't be light
To feel my agony and pain.

Remember my child,all for riches.
Mama told me before leaving home.
Now I have money to buy loaf and fishes
Without leaving crumbles and bones.

Will I still go to that filthy home
Where rags are in the name of clothes
And we make joyful cry of what we don't have in wardrobe.

Am now on the minstrel seat
Where I control all the country bill
And command the king of a kingdom
To bow and worship my slavery feet.

When will I return home?
When will I go to the parent that never for once called me when I was going through hell in the hands of the beast?
Now the beast is gone,
Am married to her master.
Now am rich and comfortable,
When will I return home??

Ayobamiayanfemi @gmail.com
Chosen Star


IBRAHIM YUSUF

TITLE; Whenever I Sojourn to Her Land:

Whenever I sojourn to her land;
I taste the pure
sweetness of love
that I wish
"the end" didn't exist. 

Whenever I sojourn to her land;
her being
inflames love in me
that I wish "the end"
had no end!

Whenever I sojourn to her land;
 I wish
forever grew there
the way love does
so I'll stay beyond "the end"
enjoying the sweetness of love.

© Ibrahim Yusuf

3 comments:

  1. It seems the poets have deviated from the theme, may be it's because there is no additional information attached to the theme in braket. The theme is just "Sojourn" and I just consulted a dictionary its meaning and the answer I got was "to stay somewhere temporarily". And from the first paragraph of the organisers' statement one may expect the poems to speak on leaving Africa to the West or East by Africans. But I don't know whether the poets are informed of the additional information privately.
    So I will just read the poems and offer my vote to a poet who did justice to the theme, just "Sojourn", not on leaving Africa.




    I just vote for poem 2.

    Thanks.
    NY Adams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to all who voted. Voting has closed.

    ReplyDelete

Today's Visitors.