League Day 31 & 32: IBRAHIM YUSUF vs ONI TONIWA.




This duel is dedicated to all Xenophobias' victims in Africa. We, over here feel your pains, do find these words here as soothing balms to your broken souls.

NOTE;
1) The judges decision takes 70% of the judgement while well wishes and lovers of poetry votes takes 30%.

2) Upon no circumstance must any of the above mentioned poets vote.

3) The contestants are urged to invite friends to Vote for them using the comment section of this post. No rule exempts you from canvassing for votes.

5) Voting lasts for 18 hours from commencement of Duel.

6) Vote using I VOTE POEM 1 or I VOTE POEM 2

7) Results would be uploaded briefly after the closure of votes.

Good luck to the wordlords.. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!


THEME: XENOPHOBIA

IBRAHIM YUSUF

TITLE: On Xenophobia:
Are we all not from Adam and Eve, 
So why do we treat others with hate instead of love?
is the burden of hate not heavier than love,
why do we choose the heavier?
Are all pieces of land not owned by God?
he gives us to live therein not to spread hate on it. 
We are all foreigners in this world, 
we get to our homes when we die,
with burden of hate;
this temporal world won't be nice
and the home will not be good.
So let's let hate go 
and embrace peace and love.

 
ONI TOMIWA

TITLE; A STRANGER'S PRAYER
Your nation's flag is bloodstained.
Do not make me the victim 
Of your vexing spirit.

You smell of blood so different and filthy
Your breath so smelly and poisoning
Your arms so long and full of wicked deeds

Do not come nigh
I am clothed with cold
And my eyes seek a way of escape
From their socket
My legs refuse motion
My hands trembling...

Your mind I know is dark and sinister
Let me pligh this road calmly
And take home bouquets
For mama's waiting arms.
Your countrymen,
I pray
Would not find solace
In my tortured carcass.

5 comments:

Today's Visitors.